A safari in Samburu land is vastly different to that found in any other part of Kenya. The Samburu Special Five (Grevy’s Zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Somali Ostrich Gerenuk and Beisa Oryx) are found in the area. Gain knowledge on the Samburu traditions on our fascinating cultural trips. Explore the great outdoors in our fly camps or take a ride on a camel. Or just relax and unwind at our luxurious Spa.
Day 1, 2, 3: Sasaab Lodge – Samburu
Day 4, 5, 6: Sala’s Camp – Masai Mara National Reserve
Day 7: Giraffe Manor – Nairobi
Day 8: Transferred for Departure
This Safari is 100% Customizable and Vehicle is private for you and your party only.
Day 1, 2, 3: Samburu
After a day room in the Giraffe Manor you will be transferred to Wilson Airstrip for your flight to Samburu land which is a compelling area of Kenya; the Samburu ‘Special Five’ make game viewing in from Sasaab both compelling and unusual. Alongside this, the Samburu culture is colorful and fascinating.Sasaab is a joint community initiative and employs 70% of local people in its staff. The lodge sits on the riverbanks of the Ewaso Nyiro River; with nine luxurious rooms each with private plunge pool and stunning panoramic views. Activities include camel walks, bird watching, river bed walks, game drives, village visits, and, when guests feel they have exerted themselves enough, the restorative Spa Saab. This will be your home for the next three days on full board basis. Sasaab Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 4, 5, 6: Masai Mara
Transfer to the airstrip for your flight to the Masai Mara is home to over 1500 species of bird, and once a year (July – September), over 1.3 million migrating wildebeest. The Mara’s environment contrasts hugely with the dry arid lands of Northern Kenya, and has lush valleys and open grasslands.
Salas’s Camp offers a traditional safari-under-canvas experience. Having started as a mobile safari operation, and with just seven tents, the camp is highly personalized and offers guests a taste of opulent safari in the early pioneering days. This will be your home for the next three days on full board basis.
Sala’s Camp (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 7: Nairobi
Today you will be transferred to the airstrip for your flight to Nairobi where you will be picked up by our representative for a great final experience at the Giraffe Manor which invites you to get up close and personal with our nine resident Rothschild giraffe who live in the grounds of the Manor. Modeled on a 1930’s Scottish hunting lodge, the Manor is one of Nairobi’s most iconic historical buildings and has just six en suite bedrooms. The atmosphere of an exclusive house party pervades, and guests are encouraged to stay a few days. Spend overnight at the Giraffe Manor on Half Board Basis. Giraffe Manor (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 8: Depart
Today after breakfast you will be transferred to the international airport for your flight back home. Say good bye to the beautiful country with hope of coming back again in the near future.
Arrive home with memories of a Trip of a Lifetime!
Note: You may decide to take first night at the Giraffe Manor and a day room on the last day of your safari, that’s optional with availability.
Transport in a chauffeur driven 4×4 Land Cruisers with a pop up roof for game viewing and photography
Please contact us for current Rates and Specials
- Accommodation with all meal plans as per the itinerary (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Transport in a chauffeur driven 4×4 Land Cruisers with pop-up roof for easy game viewing & photography.
- Camel walks, bird watching, river bed walks, game drives, village visits, and, when guests feel they have exerted themselves enough, the restorative Spa Saab at Samburu Sasaab Camp
- All meals, game drives, walks, cultural village visits, laundry, airstrip transfers, house wines, beers, soft drinks, local spirits and bottled water at Mara
- All transfers, house wines, soft drinks, bottled water, beers, local spirits, laundry in Nairobi
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide, game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
- All Government taxes and levies.
- Complimentary 500 ml mineral water per person per game drive in the safari vehicle.
- All meet and greet services.
- All arrival and departure transfers.
- 24 hours stand-by contact number.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- 7 pax guaranteed window seat in each vehicle.
- Two-way long range high frequency radio communication in each vehicle.
- On safari accessories in each vehicle: – First-aid kit, wildlife books, a pair of binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher.
- International Flights
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s). Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks,
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
- Laundry services.
- Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
- Visa fees
- Flying Doctors coverage: Optional @ $20 dollars per person which covers you within East Africa for a period of 14 days. In the eventuality of a medical emergency, you will be airlifted to Nairobi where you will be taken to a good hospital. Hospital bills are born by the patient.
- Champagne, luxury spirits, selected wines, balloon rides, gratuities, health insurance and personal effects